How We Doubled OrganicTraffic from 4,500 users to over10,000 for a Local Junk Removal Service
Joey’s junk is a local junk removal service for your home, business, or construction site that donates viable items to local charities and recycles everything they can.
Joey’s Junk Goals
For small businesses like Joey’s Junk, the challenge, at least in the beginning, is almost always the competition. There are always others that have held their position as a reputable option in the community for years… but there are also always people fed up with that option.
For Joey’s Junk, we didn’t just want to get on the same stage as 1-800-GOT-JUNK and Just Junk. We wanted to boot them from the top spots on Google, and create a new top-choice option for junk removal in the local community.
The initial goals were:
- Increase credibility
- Increase organic rankings and visibility
- Improve website UI
- Expand the content to help with rankings
We knew that Joey’s Junk had better service, transparent pricing, and an eco-friendly approach, but few others knew that with their previous marketing efforts. We needed to boost that visibility ten-fold.
Up for the challenge, we started building out a content marketing plan.
Our Marketing Package for Joey’s Junk
Outranking the competition
- Run a competitor analysis
- Dissect landing pages
- Keyword research
- Find new opportunities to rank for backlinks
- Discover user intent
- Optimizing older web pages
- Optimizing web copy
- Adding new pages rank for more keywords
- Full website audit
- Website redesign and expansion
- Adding clear, concise copy
- Adding a pricing estimation section for more transparency
- Branded images
- Branded videos
- All custom photography
How our marketing plan started
When Joey’s Junk first came to us, their website was just a single page without much information on it. The copy wasn’t entirely clear and concise, and what was there wasn’t optimized for search engines.
After the initial competitor assessment, keyword research, and audience analysis, we wanted to tackle the website.
Our main priority was to recreate the design to include all the elements the users would be searching for- particularly pricing (which we wanted to be very transparent on), and what items they remove, where, and for whom.
While we streamlined the home landing page, we wanted to expand the site to rank for additional pages.
We created service pages for household, construction, and office junk to provide the users with some much needed information, and for a boost to SEO.
To help Joey’s Junk stand out from their competition, we added a pricing estimation section to show visitors how much their job would cost and how much they would save on junk removal.
The effects of our website redesign, media strategy, and SEOTo measure results- across all of our clients- we look at the metrics for the same time period the previous year and compare it to their results now.
After the redesign:
- Traffic increased to over 10,000 visitors a month
- Organic session nearly tripled
- Joey’s Junk now competes with the likes of 1-800-Got-Junk
- Running a competitive analysis to make sure we rank for the same keywords as the competitors, and then some
- Redesign the website for more usability and appeal
- Wrote clear, concise copy that was right for user intent
- Implemented a site wide SEO strategy
Our Media Strategy for Joey’s Junk
Our media team has extensive experience in multiple industries and has worked wonders for Joey’s Junk.
- We added a sizzle reel to each removal service section (household, construction, office) that shows the type of junk they remove in each category.
- We made the videos short enough to use for ads if needed.
- We created a larger sizzle video to display above the fold on the website.
- At the bottom of the home page, you’ll also find testimonial videos, which we also created- featuring three different types of businesses to further showcase what Joey’s Junk can do for their customers.
- We also took hero style photos to use across the website and for Joey to use on social media.
Overview of success and goals reached
The website for Joey’s Junk needed a bit of help to rank- so Joey didn’t have to spend so much on Google Ads anymore- and to compete with the bigger, more established businesses.
With our redesign, SEO efforts, custom photos and videos, we were able to meet the following goals:
- Improve web design for more usability and a better user experience
- Split the website into different services to attract more diverse customers
- Implement a media strategy that improved overall design
- Continuously improved SEO
- Eliminated the need for Google Ads
- Improved rankings to compete with Just Junk and 1-800-Got-Junk
Our next order of business is to add a new clout system, so customers can book their services and pay him directly through his website.
It’s easy to spend hundreds or even thousands on Google Ads and rely on those conversions than your own website. But when you save so much more, and attract more visitors and conversions when you develop a website that really works, and use SEO as a way to attract the right attention.
We were thrilled to help Joey get away from paid advertising to focus more on showing customers exactly what he can do. As the results show (doubling of traffic), it’s entirely worth it.
Our team has helped dozens of clients increase revenue by 100%+
Find out how we can help you.
Check out our detailed case study
Rent1 Heavy Equipment Rentals
Over $100K+ revenue from organic leads in less than 6 months
Reduced cost per click for the entire campaign by 48%
Increased lead numbers by 43%+
Physician Skincare Centre
Increasing organic traffic & bookings by 70%
Managed a 30% conversion rate on select campaigns
Improved website speed by 70%+
Doubled Organic traffic from 4,500 users to over 10,000
Developed a new media strategy
Eliminated the need for paid ads
Life Maid Easy
128% increase in the number of leads
800%+ increase in referral traffic
152% increase in qualified traffic